New website promoting our work and our members
In our network, we always try to communicate in the best way possible with our members. Now, we have a new tool for this. We just launched our new website at www.marfan.eu.
The website makes an overview of our members, our network, our history, about Marfan Syndrome, our videos and reports, our calendar, our latest news, and more. For improved communication, we have even set it up in order for news to be sent out automatically and we have integrated Facebook into the home page as well.
Martin J. Skov, who through his company Blue Coffee Cup – IT & Marketing has been responsible for designing the website and setting it up technically, sums up the work on the new website in this way: “In the design, we have tried to embrace the uniqueness of having so many countries join together. Therefore, we wanted to display all the flags. Besides easily being able to see who the members are, they provide a lot of colour to the website. A more colourful website was one the main requirements to this job. Throughout the page, we have used a lot of pictures and images to make the site visually appealing and to bring some life in to it.”
Going through the website, you will find that there are a large range of functions:
- The flags are not only there for the colours, If you click on a flag, it will bring you to the specific country on the Members page. Here you will find the latest available information about the member country.
- In the About us page, you will find all our history and all the milestones that we have reached throughout the years.
- In the Marfan Syndrome page, Lauriane made a short overview of the disease.
- In the Events page, you will find the calendar, and be able to see the upcoming Symposium as well as when we have our next meeting.
- In the Media page, we have made all our reports and videos available.
- In the News section, you will find all the latest news. It is set up in such a way, that when a news story is posted here, it will automatically be sent to everyone on the newsletter list. You can find the subscribe to newsletter form in the bottom of the home page.
- And in the Contact page, there is an overview of the CC.
We really hope that you enjoy our new website and we look forward to having a dialogue with you in here as well as on Facebook.